Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fabric Shopping

When I suggested that Andrew and the boys come along with me to Spotlight to pick out some new fabric, I had envisioned a quiet night of leisurely shopping. My sewing machine had been neglected for long enough and I was itching to try out some new projects.

I'm not sure where I got the idea that the evening would be quiet in any sense because from the moment we stepped into Spotlight, Nathan was constantly calling to me from across the tables. "Mom! MOOOOM!!!! How's this one? What about this one?"

Ever since Nathan started shopping with me, he's always been interested in helping me find the perfect shirt/fruit/whatever it was we were shopping for. I love his helpfulness but sometimes, I just need some quiet so I can hear myself think.

This was one of those times.

The list I had meticulously created in my head quickly vanished. The projects I had in mind followed suit. My eyes quickly darted around the tables of fabric, trying to locate material that I might like. Not wanting to admit defeat and leave empty-handed, I grabbed a few items I needed, and then some.

Next time, I think I'll just go alone. Or better yet, I'll just pay the extra shipping fees and have the fabric sent to me instead. Sure I won't get to feel the fabric before I buy it, but at least I'll get to keep my sanity and make the purchases from the comfort of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...