Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Asterisk Pouch

I signed up for an online class a little while ago - Amy Tan's The Good Life. I thought it would help me with my creativity and push me to try something new. Added bonus: I can do the class at my own pace!

Class started yesterday and this week, the spotlight's on making her reverse appliqué t-shirts.

I couldn't bring myself to cut up a t-shirt just yet. I can't find any cheap $1 shirts here so I thought I might just try my hand at the technique first on a little pouch. Of course, it sounded all nice and easy in my head, then I got to making the pouch.

Let's just say this simple project took a lot longer than it should have and I may or may not have caused dinner to be delayed.

Anyway, here's what I made!


I wanted an icon that was relatively generic. Inspired by Studio Calico products, I was deciding between an ampersand and an asterisk and I went with the asterisk.


If you're interested in joining me in this class, you still have a couple days to register. And if you use my registration code [6DE0D58D], we can both get 10% off!

(Note: you can use this code for other classes you may be interested in as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...