Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Stockings and a Birthday Dinner

I've never done Christmas stockings before but seeing as how Christmas will be different this year, I thought it might be a nice time to add a new family tradition to our Christmas celebrations.

I got this idea in my head that I would make some Christmas stockings for the boys, and after purchasing some red fabric this afternoon, I got to work.

Coming up with a general pattern was easy, but mentally piecing the pieces together in my head took a little more work. Of course, my thoughts were divided between the Christmas stockings and preparing for having guests over for dinner.



So after having a nice birthday dinner for Andrew with a couple of our friends, followed by a nice catch-up and watching my baby boy take his first three baby steps all by himself*, we filled our tummies with this gorgeous (and oh-so-rich) cake.


Then, I finished the first Christmas stocking.


It didn't turn out as perfect as I hoped it would but it's pretty functional for my first one. Might have to tweak my pattern a little before I make the next one(s).


*I'm super distraught that we didn't catch his first steps on video, but Andrew's trying to convince me to just enjoy the fact that I got to witness this momentous occasion with my own two eyes and just wait for his next steps to make a video. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm that cake looks devine!!!
    and YAH on the first steps!!!

    also cute horse riding pics!! what a fun treat

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...