Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

As Christmas day comes to an end here in Australia, I just wanted to share a bit of our day with you, especially if you're on the other side of the world and just starting your Christmas day celebrations. I apologize in advance if the thoughts are disjointed - we've been lacking in the sleep department lately.

Right now, I've got a white chocolate cheesecake in the oven for one last Christmas get-together tomorrow. After four solid days of baking, I'm glad this is the last thing I'll have to make for a while.

Andrew's getting Love Actually ready for us to watch, as per our Christmas tradition (apparently) and I think it's going to hit me a little harder this year, especially the airport montage scenes at the beginning and end.

Today, Andrew got to play piano for Sunday service for the first time since we arrived in Australia. It's a good thing he only had to play Christmas carols seeing as how we don't have a piano here for him to practice at home.

Afterwards, we went to a friend's house for lunch - sort of a Christmas/birthday lunch for her youngest daughter. We ended up staying long enough to have dinner, too.


Then finally when we got home, the boys got to open their Christmas gifts.


I stayed up until 3am yesterday making those huge stockings just to fit all the stocking stuffers we got for the boys.


Though our first Christmas in Australia is a far cry from the big feasts and gatherings, and magical wintry scenes we've grown so used to, I'm glad we have friends and each other here to celebrate it with and nice weather to celebrate it in (thankfully it was sunny today - a nice break from all the rain we've been getting).

A box full of love from Canada. Thank you!

So wherever you are, I wish you a very merry Christmas. May your heart be filled with joy and peace.


Love, the Tsois

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...