Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Top Picks (March 2012)

I thought I might just quickly share a few blogs and apps I've recently added.

I don't get too much time to click around on the computer (or phone, or other electronic device) so when I do get that chance, I like to make it count. I'm pretty picky with my blogs and apps - if I don't like it right away, I usually don't give it another chance.

Blogs:
The Cheese Thief : If you've seen my Pinterest, you'll know that a bunch of the tutorials I've pinned are from this fantastic blog. A lot of awesome DIY happening here.

Big Box Detox : I've only just started reading this one but I get that there's a lot of DIY and home decor stuff going on at this blog. Probably going to pick up a lot of good ideas here for making my home more home sans the big box stores.

Apps:
Draw Something : I discovered this game by accident last night and I've been hooked ever since. It's Pictionary, but you can play with your friends on the other side of the world.
Word of warning - everything you draw gets recorded, so your opponent sees your every move! I had no idea so one of my friends had to see me draw/erase/delete about 47 times before I actually got the drawing done.

Flipboard : Gone are my days of lazily flipping through magazines, but thank goodness for this app because I can do that and keep up with the news at the same time. And it's pretty. I like pretty apps.

Evernote Food : I've been waiting for something like this for a while. I like taking pictures of my food when I go out, but I've never had anyway to store them and document my meal until now!

Teuxdeux : I think I found this through The Pioneer Woman. Love this to-do list app because it automatically carries forward your yet-to-be-completed items. And Andrew can access it, too, so it really helps with our productivity at home.

And just for fun, some additional...
Top favourite time-wastersusers:
Instagram
Pinterest

So what are some of your current favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...