Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Experimenting with Layering

I have been subscribing to Studio Calico's kits for just over a year now and it's taken me this long to realize that I shouldn't hoard the kits because now I'm swimming in scrapbooking supplies. So now I'm looking for ways to use up my kits as they come, along with all the excess supply I have.

One of the best ways I've come up with is layering - it uses up a lot of "stuff".

The only problem is that I'm not very good at coordinating colours, patterns and textures. Lucky for me, most of that is already taken care of when using kits.

Here's my attempt:


I love using Project Life to experiment with new techniques because it's small enough that if I do mess up, the loss isn't as significant.

There's still a ton of room for improvement but I'm glad I took a step outside my comfort zone.

I'm excited to do more layering.

8 comments:

  1. I like your attempt at layering :-) Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous!! I love your mix of patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous! Did you sign up for the layering class? Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks bright and fun :) I also like the new colours on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...