Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Currently

I get so disconnected from the world when both boys are at home. 

This year, I've made a more conscious effort to unplug myself from all the electronic devices we have floating around our home when the boys are around. At the same time, they've started to monopolize my devices so I can't even use them when I want to.

However, I still want to do a quick update with what's going on around here right now.

Currently, I'm...

Spending lots of time with the boys. We've been "stuck" at home since our car is getting fixed, but I think we needed this. I'm such a homebody and as much as I love going out to new places, I love being home more.


Eating all kinds of junk. I've been so busy sorting things out around the house that I don't have time to sit down and have proper meals so I end up stuffing whatever's convenient into my mouth. I'm hoping to work on changing this for the remainder of the break.

Loving that Andrew got to play basketball tonight and that he played well.

Getting Nathan more involved with things around the house. We recently gave him a list of things he's responsible for. We don't call it "chores" because it sounds so unpleasant. They're just things that need to be done around the house, and ways he can contribute to our family life. 

Cooking with Nathan. We're trying to get him interested in helping out in the kitchen. The other night, he helped prepare chicken wings and mashed sweet potatoes. That was a yummy meal.

Planning a paper project that I'm so excited about. Every time I sit down to work on it, I get a little giddy. I can't wait to finish it up.


Watching the sky light up and hearing the birds sing. Man, I need to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...