Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Spotlight on Killari Queensland

Today, I'm highlighting my friend Corrine's small business, Killari Queensland, because I just spent the morning perusing through this gorgeous collection of jewellery and I love it so much I want to share it with everyone.

Recently, I've become so fascinated with learning about small businesses and hearing the stories behind handmade pieces so I was soaking up everything she said. Killari pieces are handmade by artisans in Peru from 950 sterling silver, and because each piece is handmade, each one is unique! 

I'm a believer in supporting small handmade businesses and I've always known that it takes a lot of hard work to build a business from the ground up, but until the past couple of months, I didn't realize how many little details that really meant. Now I can really appreciate things like the pricing of handmade items.

It's been a long time since I've worn earrings but here's the pair I picked up today. I love that the wrapped part isn't solid and stationary, but actually rings that move a little. 


For those of you looking for Christmas gift ideas, either to give or to add to your wish list, definitely check them out. Killari has an online store, or if you're in Brisbane look for Killari at various lifestyle markets around the city (listed on the Killari Queensland Facebook page) for a look at their new stock and various one-off pieces.


Tell her Bernice sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...