Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Gumtree Finds

I've been spending a lot of time on Gumtree lately and though I rarely find anything I'm willing to drive out for, I did find something this week.

A lady was selling off pieces from a cafe that had closed down and I got all but two of the following pieces for $2.80! Two dollars and eighty cents for 8 pieces. I could not believe my ears.

Even as we were walking out the door, I was starting to regret not picking up a few more pieces.


On the way home, we were passing by an op shop so I asked Andrew if we could stop and take a peek. I was a little shocked at how high the prices were. We're talking about a second hand thrift shop here. I ended up walking out with two more items: a light blue dish and this box full of old Monopoly pieces. Those were $2 each.

There really was no logical reason for me to buy that Monopoly set. I literally told Andrew I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I wanted to have it. And it was only $2. So he paid and we went home. 

And the first thing we put to use? 


The Monopoly set. Caleb and I played with numbers, using the houses to work on counting and the dice to introduce addition while I prepared dinner. I guess it was a worthwhile purchase after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...