Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Pupil-Free Day at SeaWorld

A pupil-free day and a last-minute decision to take a trip down the coast with the boys to SeaWorld.

Have I mentioned that I've never driven down the coast myself? Or that just the thought of taking the two boys to a theme park makes my brain run on overdrive just thinking about every possible thing that could happen and what I needed to do or bring to prepare for that? Hope for the best, plan for the worst right?

I considered backing out last minute (I knew better than to tell the boys ahead of time), but I couldn't really. I had casually suggested to my girlfriend, who was also trying to decide whether to take her boys to SeaWorld, that we could go together and she agreed. So I sucked it up and went for it.

Going to SeaWorld when most other students were still in school meant we had an unobstructed view in the aquarium and the boys could see all the beautiful sea creatures as they swam by. My favourite was this gorgeous turtle.


It meant the big boys could go on this boat ride as many times as they wanted without having to wait in line and the boys could all try to soak each other with their water cannons.


It meant we could set all the boys free on this climbing structure and not have to worry about crowds of kids pushing past each other. The big boys even had a system of keeping the two little ones in between them so they wouldn't get lost. It was mostly Nathan leading the way, even though I would have preferred if he took longer turns bringing up the rear.


It meant we could take turns going on rides with very little wait times in between. We even found a ride where all six of us could go together!


It meant we could enjoy a nice cold treat at the end of a long day and still find seats to watch the jet ski stunt show even though we arrived after it had already started.


I know in the grand scheme of things, bringing the boys to SeaWorld by myself isn't that big a deal. Moms do this kind of thing all the time. But it was big deal for me and I'm so glad I went through with it.

Knowing it'd be a long trip home, I suggested we have fish and chips for dinner. We ate by the water as the sun set in the horizon and it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...