Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Journal Cover

My latest sewing project was a journal cover. I found this tutorial a while ago and I happen to have the exact same notebook they use in the tutorial so I didn't have to adjust any of the measurements! Thank goodness, because I wouldn't know how to figure it out.

Anyway, I made good use of Caleb's nap yesterday and split my time between making the pasta sauce and cutting the pieces for this cover. By the time Andrew got home, everything was ready to be sewn. Then, after dinner I quickly sewed it all together and by the time Nathan was ready for bed, I had myself a nice journal cover.

I'm quite happy with the way it looks even though my patchwork strip is a little wonky. My sewing still needs a bit of work but it's much straighter than when I started.

I love how it turned out. I might buy a few more notebooks and make a few more covers later on, but for now, I'll be carrying this one around.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...