Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

My search for a white chocolate cranberry cookie recipe began when one of the moms at Nathan's school brought some freshly baked store-bought cookies to school and offered me one. And I loved it. She told me where she had bought them but I looked everywhere for a couple weeks and still couldn't find it. And my cravings remained strong.

So I figured the only way to satisfy my cravings was to make them myself. Then I found this recipe on Baking Bites and it's been a hit with our family and friends ever since.



Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup dried cranberries (i.e., Craisins)
2/3 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
In separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, then white chocolate and vanilla extract.
Mix in dry ingredients, then stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Shape dough into 1" balls and place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving space for it to spread.
Bake at 350F (180C) for 10-12 minutes or until edges turn golden.

Notes:
When we first made these, instead of using white chocolate chips, we used the melts and cut them into chunks. Tasted just fine and it's good if you like chunks instead of chips.
The cookies are pretty soft and crumbly when they come out of the oven. Let them cool before you move them.
Makes about 3 dozen but they'll disappear quick. Consider yourself warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...