Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

ER Week 2 Round Up

I think I've finally got a hang of this pseudo-single-parenting business this week. I'm feeling much more confident and productive during the week. Thing is, I've been losing out on doing my own thing which is why you haven't see any sewing or paper posts lately. Hoping to balance that out soon.


I put in my order for a Canadian flag this week. Who knew you could own a flag that's been flown over Parliament Hill? All you have to do is ask, then wait 20 years (or 32 if you want the really gigantic one, which I did at first but then I wasn't sure what I'd do with a massive flag like that).

Today, we drove north to Caloundra. It was overcast when we left this morning, but by the time we hit the Sunshine Coast, it was perfect beach weather.


And after spending a much-deserved day at the beach, I've realized a few things:

1. I regret jumping off that 30-Day Shred bandwagon. Yes, I admit, I definitely did not make it to the end of 30 days. I didn't even make it to the end of a week. I did exactly 3. In my defence, I would totally have kept on going except that I hate sweating and I got turned off by Jillian's less-than-witty comments.

2. I need to update my wardrobe to better fit this hot and humid climate!

3. I can get used to this impromptu beach day business. It's a chance to get out and explore Australia. It's easy, cheap and fun. We get to spend time together as a family. Wins all around!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh...sounds fun!! :) I'm crazy jealous of your beach weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot and humid beach weather!!!!
    stinking hot and far too hot dont you mean!!! lol!! i love the heat but wowsa OZ gets hot!! togs (or cozzies) plus a hat i say!!!! feet in the water....just perfect!!!

    mandyb from SC message board

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...