Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

ER Week 3 Round Up

Right when I said I was getting a hang of things, illness comes along and rocks our world again.

Caleb developed a nasty cough last Friday and by Monday morning, he had become a slime monster.

Then, Nathan started complaining of a headache and by the next afternoon, I got a call from his school asking me to pick him up because he was unwell. Fortunately, by the time I got there, he had cooled down and was well enough that his first question to me as I walked into the office was, "Can I play in cycle 2?".


We even made it to his "Working with your child" session for him to show me his favourite works!

And finally, whatever's affecting the boys finally got Andrew and he's been running on empty since Thursday night. Now we're both suffering from headaches and coughs, and my eyes are constantly irritated and I've got sinus problems. What on earth is going on?! I'm beginning to think this place is making us sick!

Thank goodness for the weekend! I have never been more happy for it to arrive.


Saturday was packed with a schoolmate's birthday party, a ladies' get-together and an Indian dinner out with friends.

* * * * * * * * * *

If you know me, you'd know that I'm not a big movie person. Yes, I like to watch the occasional movie in the comfort of my own home, usually after Andrew has spent countless hours begging me to watch a movie with him, convincing me that it'll actually be good and I'll enjoy it.

I can probably count all the times I've been out to the movies in the past 5 years on my two hands.

But I was at a get together today with a bunch of lovely women and I overheard someone talking about this movie and now I kind of want to see it!



Feels like something I can really relate to. The lady recommended bringing your hubby to watch it, just so he can get a glimpse of what life is like for moms. Hah!

* * * * * * * * * *

I am so incredibly grateful for the comments and emails I received following my previous entry. I was hesitant to post because it was so personal but I'm glad I did. I've been so encouraged by your kind words, so thank you for taking the time to write and share with me.

1 comment:

  1. ive heard this movie is great!!!
    as for this time of year....i always get sick!!! end of year, changes in seasons, pollens in the air!!!! always happens to me!!!!
    hang in there...the end of the year is near!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...