Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows Everywhere

Ever since our first visit to the GoMA, I've been looking for more interactive exhibits to bring the boys to, and finally, a couple have arrived.

The first one I wanted to check out was Yayoi Kusama's 'The Obliteration Room', where visitors are given sheets of dot stickers and are invited to stick them wherever they want within a white room, filled with white furniture.


I was hoping Nathan would really like this one. Though it's not Lego, I thought he might like the chance to stick stickers where he's normally not supposed to.


I think I was right!


It was amusing to see some of the adults really getting into it. A couple of them were jumping up and down, trying to stick circles onto the ceiling.


When Caleb woke up from his nap, I tried to get him to get in on the action but he just stood there, looked around a little stunned by all the colour and commotion.



The second exhibition I wanted to see was 'we miss you magic land!' by Pip & Pop. It was a little on the girly side and the boys raced through it, leaving me in the dust.


Fortunately, that meant I could take a few moments to enjoy these little worlds created with sugar crystals, coloured sands and glitter.


So sparkly and magical.

Lucky for me, at the end of the exhibition, there were computers set up for the kids to create magical lands of their own, and to take a picture of themselves as a character in it to send to friends, so the boys weren't too hard to find.


After our emails were all sent, we crossed this little rainbow bridge to get back to the main part of the gallery.


Caleb held my hand and we crossed it together.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...