Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Effortless Look

Product Talk by Nuffnang

I don't spend a lot of time talking about beauty and outward appearances around here because I generally don't have a lot of time to think about looks in the first place.

I live with a house full of boys. I'm a stay at home mom who does school pick-ups and drop-offs, drives the kids around to their various lessons and play dates, does groceries and then stays home most days doing housework. Oh, and I blog. For the most part (read: in my head), it's understandable, even acceptable if I don't look super-fantastic every single day.

But there are days when I look around and see people and wonder why I can't look all put together and set for the day like they do? They make it look so effortless. (Oh, that effortless look. Over the years, I've learned that it's anything but effortless.)

For me, it all starts with getting ready in the morning.

My biggest obstacle? My hair.

I can freshen up my face and throw on a clean outfit in seconds but my hair? My hair is so unpredictable.

Some mornings, I wake up and my hair looks (relatively) perfect. Other mornings, the front looks fine, the back's flat or bent at an angle (seriously, how does that even happen?!) and there's frizz going on all over the place.

Every morning, I wake up hoping that when I look in the mirror, it's the former but more often than not, I'm left hoping I have enough time to hop into the shower.

It's my own fault I don't have glossy, gorgeous hair.

I don't put a whole lot of effort into taking care of my hair. My routine consists of shampooing, conditioning and sometimes blowdrying. On special occasions, I pull out my straightener.

I have tried leave-in products in the past but the nasty residue feeling made me want to jump right back into the shower and wash it all out. I've tried products that were supposed to volumize, cleanse, smooth out or curl my hair as it dried but none of them worked on my hair.

I hate being disappointed and I hate wasting money. I grew tired of the whole trial and error thing. After a while, I stopped trusting the words on the bottles and just settled for whatever was on sale.

I still wanted gorgeous hair. But I wanted it to come effortlessly and I wanted it to come cheap.

Enter Dove's Nutri-Oil Serum.


Between the sun, chlorinated pools and now the dry weather, my hair has taken quite a beating lately. And the fact that I've actually noticed this means that my hair probably looks is quite drab and dry.

It's also hit me that I'm not that young anymore and that I should probably start taking better care of myself, lest I start down the slippery slope to letsnottalkaboutit. I knew I needed to do something to revitalize my hair, but what.

After reading about this product from Karen Cheng's blog, I had the opportunity to give it a try.

I figured she's a busy mom and probably as particular as I am about products so it's probably worth a shot.

And I'm so glad I tried it because this product was good.

 Please disregard the dust on the mirror. Life as a fashion model is tough.

It was easy to use. 3 pumps into your palm, work it into your hair, done.

It left my hair feeling clean. I've always used Dove soap and I can count on it to leave me fresh and clean. This product was the same; it really was weightless and I didn't feel gross putting it on my hands or in my hair. Dove really understands feeling clean.

It's pretty cheap. At under $10 a pop in Australia, I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

And bonus, it smells good!


The product I am reviewing was sent to me for free, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own. I was not paid to write this review.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhhhh how do you get stuff SENT to you??? love it and your hair looks cool!!!
    YAH

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...