Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Winter List 2012

Welcome, June!

It's weird writing "winter" when my brain tells me it's supposed to be summer. But here in Australia, winter spans from June to August so it's time for me to switch gears and accept it.

We've been in a bit of a slump lately. With the weather being so cold and wet, it's not hard to find excuses to stay home all the time. But I want us to get back out there to try new things so I've written down some goals for this winter and hopefully it'll give us the little nudge we need to go exploring again.


1. Visit Tamborine Mountain
2. Pick strawberries
3. Make 3 new soups
4. Visit a winery
5. Check out Brisbane's Winter Festival
6. Bake pumpkin desserts
7. Have hot chocolate with marshmallows
8. Go to QPAC's Out of the Box Festival
9. Invite friends over
10. Teach Nathan how to ride his bike
11. Draw up plans for herb garden
12. Travel to another state

It's a pretty ambitious list seeing as how Andrew will have exams in a couple weeks and his school holidays don't coincide with Nathan's school holidays. But we'll get as many things crossed off the list as possible. I'd be happy even if we only got one thing done.

I'm looking forward to making the most of these cool winter months and getting lots of stuff done before it gets hot again.

2 comments:

  1. great list!!!!
    for me winter is only this time of year....and planning events and having lists is the only way to get through it!!!
    stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear what you have on your list! I need ideas!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...