Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rainy Days


This is the third rainy season I've been in Brisbane for. Two out of the three times, it flooded here.

You'd think I'd be used to the rain by now. But I'm not.

I still can't get over the fact that there's a rainy season here. As in it's raining day after day, for weeks on end. And it rains hard.

It amazes me that the sky is still grey and so full of clouds, you can't even see the blue sky above it, and even after all the rain, there are still no blue in sight.

It amazes me that the rain can be so loud that I can barely hear things going on around me. I have to listen to music through my earbuds with the volume turned up. I have to watch movies with subtitles. It's crazy.

It amazes me that I can get drenched in the 5 seconds it takes for me to close my umbrella and shut the car door.

It amazes me that just a few couple months ago, our backyard was a giant patch of dust and now it resembles a lush meadow.

I haven't completely gotten used to it all but at least I have my rain boots to keep me dry and the rain doesn't keep us cooped up inside like it used to. The boys love running around in the rain and I don't mind letting them do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...