Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Picking Up The Pieces

It's that time of the year again: the annual Lego clean-up.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Can you guess where I sit?

The time of the year when I get to sit in the middle of all of Nathan's Lego and try to put them all back together in their proper configurations.

You see, after Nathan gets a new set of Lego, he likes to put it together the way it's supposed to be. Then, he starts taking bits and pieces off here and there, and combines them with bits and pieces from other sets to make his own awesome creation. But he never puts them back with their original set, so after a while, we get a huge collection of miscellaneous pieces and semi-dismantled figures/models.

I love letting him be creative, but after a while, it gets to be a bit of a pain. Especially if I happen to step on a piece, or five.

Last year, this process went much faster. I had managed to get it all done in one day.

Since then, we've gotten more Lego, there are more hands dismantling the structures and carrying them off to different parts of the house.

This year, I've been at it for two days and I'm still not even half way there. I probably won't be done for another little while so if things get quiet around here, you'll know why.

Assistance with this arduous task and tips on keeping Lego organized are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...