Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Racks and Tubes

This morning was Nathan's class breakfast and we finally got to see Racks and Tubes in action. Nathan's been talking about this math work since he first started Cycle 2 and for the longest time we thought he was saying "Raxon Tubes".

Last class breakfast, Nathan was supposed to show me how he uses this material to do division but someone else got to it first and they didn't finish until it was time to eat.

This time around, I was pleasantly surprised to see no one was using the Racks and Tubes when we arrived. Nathan and his friend decided to work on it together and I was excited to see it in use.


I didn't anticipate, though, that they would choose the most difficult equation, it would take so long to set up, and that it would take practically the entire time to complete one question. But they persevered and we sat back and watched. I can understand now when Nathan sometimes comes home and tells me he only did one piece of work all morning.

It's a good thing Andrew was there because I couldn't really figure out what the boys were doing, and they couldn't explain what they were doing, but Andrew could.


Caleb pulled up a stool and entertained himself by watching the fish swim around.

He really just goes to these events for the food ;)

1 comment:

  1. awww! I love that Caleb still has little dimples around his ankles!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...