Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sports Day (Caleb Edition)

The rain was coming down in sheets last night and I wasn't sure if Caleb's Sports Day would even happen but when we got up this morning, the sun was shining bright.


Caleb got to do the honours of holding his class flag. For a while, he was the only representative from his class but as things got underway, a few more kiddies showed up.


Caleb joined a Cycle 1 class for the day and went around to all the activities with them. Our first event was the potato sack race. It was such a toughie for the smaller kids, especially Caleb's class because the bags were really big for them. It was a hard race but Caleb never gave up. I ended up holding the bag up for him as he continued to hop all the way to the finish line.


Caleb went on to participate in all six events, willingly and enthusiastically. He stood in line with the older kids, he observed quietly as the kids before him went and gave it his best effort when it was his turn.


Today, I took a couple steps back to give Caleb some space to do his own thing without me there constantly by his side. He was so content being there, following his group around. Even his teacher said to me that he was comfortable when I wasn't around and she didn't think he'd have any problems going to Cycle 1. 

I can't believe that in a few short months, I'll be dropping this little guy off at school and I won't have a little hand to hold as I walk back to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...