Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

For the Love of Outdoor Skating

Growing up, my parents used to take us to a pond to go skating in the winters. It was cold and sometimes you could see patches that were a little wetter than it should be but it was fun and it was free. That's basically where we learned to skate.


Then, when Nathan started going to Montessori and Andrew had a couple hours off from work, we'd go to a nearby outdoor rink to skate. Those were our winter lunch dates.


While planning this visit, we knew skating would be high on our to-do list but when my sister told me that there was a skating trail not too far from where my parents lived, I knew I had to take the boys there.


Skating outdoors is one of my favourite Canadian winter activities. There's just nothing else like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...