Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Le Papillon on Front

My mom decided that we would celebrate my birthday a little earlier this year, over a nice French meal. She made reservations for us at Le Papillon on Front Street for us to try their Winterlicious menu. I loved that this gave us a chance to see a bit more of downtown Toronto. I miss the old brick buildings and the exposed brick and dark wood interior of this restaurant was just so good.


Unfortunately, Le Papillon is one of those establishments that favour ambiance over good lighting so you'll have to bear with my dimly lit photos.

I started with the chicken pâté. We had pâté before we left Brisbane and it was great so I decided to try it again. This time, it was a little sweet for my taste so I ended up finishing Caleb's soupe du jour, which was a sweet potato and (possibly) peach soup from what we could make out from what the server said. Whatever it was, it tasted good.


After a bit of a wait, we finally got our mains. Nathan, Caleb and my sister all ordered the Crepe St. Laurent which turned out to be an excellent choice. It was scrumptious. 


I ordered the spinach agnolotti thinking pasta would be a good choice but I should have given my tomato allergy a more serious thought because the rose sauce made me feel unwell immediately. 


I ended up trading dishes with Andrew who ordered the stuffed salmon. I wasn't a fan of the white wine tarragon cream sauce, but the fish was good and I quite enjoyed the rice and shredded beet.


And then came dessert. Someone spilled the beans and apparently told the servers that we were celebrating my birthday without my knowing so they came out with a special birthday pouding chomeur for me.


I also got my chocolate mousse which Caleb promptly stuck his spoon into and ate most of. I did manage to sneak a bite or two and it was nice and light.


Our stroll to the car was the perfect way to end off the night.



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...