Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Script School - Progress


It's been a month since I started this journey into scripting.

Last time, I said I would buy myself a pack of paper and cheaper gouache and just go all-in with this project, not worrying about wasting. So I did just that, and I even found a few tubes of cheap gouache that was on sale for half price because they were phasing it out. Score!

Over the past month, I've learned that I feel compelled to script at random times. I never plan a time to sit down and practice. When I feel it, I just sit down at my desk and go at it. Because of this, I keep all my supplies out and ready on my desk for when the urge strikes.

I've noticed that I can only script about 10 sheets before it starts to feel forced and unnatural. I need it to flow so once I begin overthinking what I'm doing and the words I'm creating, I stop, clean off my brush and walk away.


It wasn't until my fourth practice session that I felt comfortable enough with my technique to script words. And words grew into phrases and sayings. Some of them have turned out well and I scanned those into my computer. I haven't decided what they'll be used for but the point is, I'm starting to like the way my script, my own handwriting, looks.

I still have a lot of learning to do; my twirling needs work and my loading could be better but I'm getting closer to where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...