Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Holiday Time

Today marked the first day of Easter school holidays and the first thing we did was go to school first thing in the morning to help one of Nathan's teachers clean out the storage room.


On our first Monday off, there was no sleeping in and no slacking off. It's not the most glamorous way to spend our holidays but I like to make the most of our time off, even when we're not traveling to new places and going on new adventures.

I have learned over the past few school holidays that if I don't schedule things to get us out of the house, like this cleaning session and the boys' swimming lessons, I'd be more than happy to spend the entire two weeks cooped up at home because I am at the very core of my being, a very introverted person and I have lots of projects I'd love to work on.

However, I've learned that if I subject my two very social and energetic boys to that kind of confinement, we all start slacking off and we waste our days away with me yelling at them to tidy up their messes and to stop bickering with each other.

So for everyone's sanity, we go out and do things. It may not be exciting but at least we're doing it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...