Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Thankful for Staying Home


I have to admit, I was pretty bummed that we weren't going to spend our Easter holidays traveling like a lot of our friends were doing, but it reminded me that awesome experiences can happen at home, too.

Spending two solid weeks at home with my boys meant I had ample opportunity to get to know them better. It never really occurred to me that I could do that. I suppose it's always assumed that because I'm their mom, I "know them best", but really, they're just like any other person out there. I have to spend time with them and put effort into the relationship for me to really get to know them!

We also go to spend some time with our friends and get to know our acquaintances a little better. So even though we don't have travel stories this time around, I'm quite thankful for the chance we've had to connect with the people around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...