Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Aloe Pups Growing Up

Back in March, I experimented with replanting some aloe pups. My original aloe plant grew little babies and I separated and repotted them for more greenery around the house. It's been three months now, and the pups are still alive so I think it's safe to say this experiment was a success.


This pup is doing the best out of the three. It's thriving, growing tall and strong, and sprouting out new leaves. I can't figure out why it's doing so much better than the other two but I suspect it has something to do with the size of the pot, water drainage and sunlight.


These two are surviving but you can see they're not growing as rapidly as the first one. I actually almost lost one of them when I placed them on a shelf with less sunlight. These plants thrive in high-intensity, dry heat so clearly placing them in a shady spot wasn't the best idea. Once I moved them to a sunnier location, they regained strength.


And finally, the momma plant. She's grown a lot bigger, her arms stretching out much wider than when I first brought her home. It may be time for me to replant her into a larger vessel. She also has two more pups for me to replant. Looks like I'll have to start looking for new pots!


On a different note, I've been noticing that random leaves of my aloe plant will deflate (I think it's dry out?) and will either completely fall off or the part that has dried will fall off and I can't figure out why. Does anyone know what's going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...