Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Conversations with Caleb

Children are such interesting characters. Sometimes I wish I could take a peek inside their brains to see what they're thinking - their thought processes and the connections they're making. Occasionally, they'll say something to give you a glimpse of what's going on inside their heads.


Here are a few recent gems from Caleb:

On the way back from the mall, Andrew took a turn towards the highway, then groaned as he realized it would take us longer to get home. Caleb decided to add some wisdom to that moment, telling Andrew: the highway is not the best way.

After dropping Nathan off at school one day, we were driving home when Caleb asks me: mommy, am I four yet? He had been telling me that he wasn't going to school until he turned four so I replied: no, not yet. Do you want to go to school now, or something? To which he replied: yes, turn around. I explained: We can't go back to school right now. They don't have a spot for you yet and mommy has to fill out some forms! Later at home, he saw me writing on a piece of scrap paper and he immediately asked: Are you filling out the forms?

Occasionally, Caleb helps me put laundry away. He's usually very quick about it but this week, he put all his own clothes away and left out mine and Andrew's saying: I don't want to put yours and daddy's stuff away. I told him: Why? That's not nice! To which he replied: It's like onions. I don't want to touch it.

Andrew reads to the boys each night and one particular evening, he was reading the story about Joseph who lived in the land of Canaan. Caleb immediately told him: We went there on our cruise! Andrew later realized he was referring to Grand Cayman. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...