Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Wild Canary

It was a cold and wet day when Caleb and I met a group of our friends at the Wild Canary for morning tea. This little cafe is in the back of a garden centre so the landscaping is lush and beautiful with some very unique mixtures of plants.


If it wasn't so rainy, we would have spent more time looking around. We did manage to take a peek at the succulent section and they had all these gorgeous giant bowls filled with all sorts of succulents. I could spend a long time admiring all the different varieties they have.


On the way to the cafe, I also spotted some raised garden beds. I suspect they were filled with vegetables. It was raining pretty hard by then, so we dashed straight to the cafe and I didn't get a proper look. I think I'll have to make a trip back on a sunnier day to check out what they have planted.


The cafe itself was nice. The menu wasn't long, but it had lots of good options. I started off with my usual chai latte. A perfect drink on a damp morning.


Caleb's breakfast of choice: chocolate pancakes with caramelized banana, strawberry compote and vanilla ice cream. I'll let you guess how much of it he ate.


I had a delicious rice pudding with a side of bacon. I've learned that this sweet-salty combo is a pretty Canadian (North American) thing. I guess it's a little weird, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...