Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Life, lately


Last week, I took a break from blogging and it was honestly one of the best things I've done for myself in a long time. My goal for this month is to let go and as much as I love blogging, I had to show myself that this blog does not define me and it shouldn't take up all my time and energy.

I felt more free to use my time as I pleased, experimenting with new ideas and enjoying my boys. I didn't have to worry about having to come up with new content, or if there was something scheduled to post. It was liberating and I loved it. 

There were times when I would think, "Oh, this would be nice to put up on the blog" but then I'd have to force myself to let it go. 

Doing that - giving up blogging and Instagram for a week, gave me a bit of perspective. It isn't my job to blog or share photos, I don't get paid to write, but I do enjoy writing to share my stories and document our memories. While I'm not going to stick to a rigid blogging schedule anymore (because, let's face it, I was no good at that anyway), I will be back now and then. It might not be as frequent as before but I will be here. 

And if there are any humans out there reading this, I hope you will keep coming back once in a while and say "hi" because I'd love to get to know the people getting to know me and my family through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...