Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mango Avocado Salad


This mango avocado salad has been our go-to dish for dinner parties this summer and it has received rave reviews.

We've made this salad so many times, I don't know why I haven't taken a proper picture of it. I can't exactly enjoy it, seeing as how I can't eat mangoes or avocados but I love how bright and colourful it is and it smells divine because our mangoes have been so sweet and juicy this season!

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of oak leaf lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 large mangoes, cubed
  • 2 large avocados, cubed
  • dried cranberries
  • sliced almonds (optional)
Directions:
We layer the lettuce, dried cranberries, cubes of avocado and cubes of mango about 3-4 times to fill the salad bowl. I find if you toss the salad, the mangoes and avocado end up at the bottom in a mashed up mess (read: it looks ugly). However, if you layer the ingredients, the salad stays fresher for longer, and everyone gets their fair share of mangoes and avocados which, if you're like my boys, is the best part of the salad.

The mango juice acts as the dressing in this salad and makes everything oh-so sweet. I tend to use more mangoes and avocados than "necessary" because sometimes the kids like to pick those pieces out of the bowl and just have that as their salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...