Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Grow | 10 Things I Learned in February


As part of my aim to take the word GROW and see how it fits into my life this year, I'm ending each month with some reflections on things I've learned and different ways I've grown (or not).

Here are 10 things I've learned in February...
  1. How to balance eggs
  2. 2015 seems like the year for me to get stuff done. I've had some items on my list since 2012 and somehow, they have been crossed off. It's not really by any planning on my part or anything. My body seems to have switched into a "get it done" mode so even when my body is tired and my brain feels like mush, I somehow push past that and get things done. Lego clean-up? Done. Sorting through the boys' clothes and packing up what they don't fit anymore? Done. Project Life 2012 albums? Done. December Daily 2014 mini album? Done. Project Life 2014 albums? Done. Nesting is real, people.
  3. I constantly need me-time to recharge. I've always known this but it's hard because I also enjoy going out, doing new things and being with my favourite people. But at the end of the day, if I don't get a concentrated dose of me time, I become irritated and burnt out, and I needed a reminder to fight for me-time to acknowledge this about myself.
  4. When friends give an open invitation for your boys to stay over at their house when we need it (i.e., when I go to the hospital), and also insist you call anytime, even in the middle of the night and they'll come over in their PJs so we don't have to wake the boys up, they're more than your friends. They are family.
  5. I want and need to learn how to be that kind of friend.
  6. I have now reached the point where my belly catches random drops of food because I cannot properly lean in to eat over my plate. It is getting big.
  7. That said, I have discovered just how irritating it is for people to say, over and over again, how huge my belly is getting. I never really had this problem the first two times around. I don't recall anyone really talking about my belly or how big it was, and so I didn't understand why it was such a big deal when some expectant mothers complain about people talking about the size of their belly. But now, I get it. And here's the thing. My belly is supposed  to be getting bigger - it means my child is growing inside me. I would be worried if it wasn't growing. Even so, is it really necessary for people to constantly point out a pregnant woman's belly? 
  8. How to make tortillas
  9. Being pregnant in the middle of Australian summer is so completely different from being pregnant in the middle of Canadian winter. My feet have never been more swollen and I have never used the A/C as much as I am using now.
  10. I'm getting a little anxious about the things coming up in the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...