Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Showered With Love


A few weeks ago, one of my good friends told us to save the date for a BBQ get together she was planning on having. We didn't hear about it for a while, but when the day finally came around, I was feeling pretty miserable and stressed out. We had just heard back from Toronto about Andrew's spot and I was so exhausted from all the pressures of having to decide whether to move back to Toronto that I was seriously thinking about thinking about taking a rain check on the BBQ. Andrew convinced me to go. At the very least, it would help me get my mind off of the decision for a while.

As we drove into the cul-de-sac, I realized that there were a lot of cars that I recognized. Little did I know, that BBQ was actually going to be a baby shower for me and Andrew had been in on the surprise all along. I was blown away.

My 3 South African friends had gone to great lengths to plan this surprise baby shower for me. They invited a bunch of my friends, some of whom they didn’t even know. They decorated my friend’s home with everything pink, and they put out a delicious spread for afternoon tea. I have no idea how they found the time to do all that because they are some of the busiest moms I know.

What I do know is that being surrounded by close friends will definitely put a smile on your face and melt away life’s stresses. And Andrew volunteered to bring the kids out to the park so we could have a child-free party, even though he had just come home from an overnight shift at the hospital, and was going in for another one that night.

I was so touched that all these women, most of them with young children at home, were able to come out and spend a few hours with me. I left the shower feeling incredibly loved, like everything was right in the world again. (But I also felt extremely guilty that I’d probably have to tell them we will be leaving very soon and they won’t even get to see this baby grow up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...