Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

December Daily 2014 | Day 26 - 31


Once Christmas had passed, things quieted down quite significantly. Okay, wait, that's not entirely true. We did manage to squeeze 7 hours of Boxing Day shopping out of the boys this year. Afterwards, we went home so they could open their Christmas gifts before we went to watch Big Hero 6 with our friends. I kept our popcorn box and cut it down to be the insert for that day. On the back, I covered it with some leftover wrapping paper from a gift we had received. It's a little wrinkled but I think it kind of goes with the chaos of this photo of the boys opening their gifts. 


There wasn't a whole lot to document on the twenty-seventh except for Caleb and his beloved Baymax cup so I included the recipe for our mango avocado salad which made quite a few appearances throughout December.


We spent the twenty-eighth chilling out at home, mostly watching the Night at the Museum movies. On the twenty-ninth, we decided to get some fresh air. We also went to try out this new ice cream place, Nitrogenie. It didn't live up to the hype in my opinion but I thought I'd include the little flyer anyway.


On the 30th, we spent the day at the beach and then had KBBQ for dinner. I didn't really take too many pictures at the beach so I focused on our dinner and how Caleb refused to let anyone eat that baby octopus. Our New Year's Eve was spent half at home and half at our friends' place. Again, it was pretty low-key so I just included a photo of the boys standing there, watching the fireworks on TV. I originally planned to hide some journaling behind the photo about the boys wishing each other a Happy New Year but it would be too hard to access so I just sprinkled on some confetti and called it done.


To finish off the album, I used the other side of that wrapping paper I used to cover the popcorn box as a background and adhered a bauble coaster from Starbucks that I had been hanging on to.


See more of my December Daily 2014 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...