Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles!

This morning, we set out to explore another little suburb of Brisbane: Paddington.

It's a little area with a street lined with antique shops and cafes. I would have loved to spend the entire day there wandering the shops to look for little pieces to make our place a little less like a rental apartment and a little more like a home, but alas, no one else was on the same wavelength. Boo.

After walking along the entire stretch of stores and back, we had breakfast at a little restaurant called Simpatico. We were seated on the patio where the overhead heaters kept us warm. The wait was a little long, but their pancakes were delicious and Andrew thoroughly enjoyed his Turkish eggs. He said he would have liked more but that's what you get when you order eggs! Eggs are small!


Once we stepped back out into the warm Aussie sun, I convinced Andrew to let me wander around one shop. It was a cute little French-themed shop. I found all sorts of really neat things I wanted to bring home, especially this one little stuffed chicken ornament (no really, it was so cute) but we left empty handed.

* * * * * * * * * *

We got home in time for Caleb to take a little nap, and while he did, Nathan and I went out onto the balcony with his bubble wand.

It's been a while since we've played with bubbles.


Can't go wrong with bubbles.


They're always so fun. You never get tired of them!


Well, until you start to feel dizzy from all the blowing...


But then you give the next person a turn and it's all fun again!


* * * * * * * * * *

I started a subscription to Studio Calico which I'm really excited about. Once a month, they'll send me a kit of scrapbooking goodies. I don't particularly like that I have to pay $17.50 in shipping fees (I despise shipping fees!) but I think about all the time I'll save by not having to drive out and shop with two antsy boys or shop online with the millions of product to choose from and I think it will be worth it.

I can't wait for the first kit to arrive!

* * * * * * * * * *

Caleb's such a little Speedy McGee these days! And he's all about getting his little hands on the closest wires/Nathan's toys/anything that's not his own. I have to really keep my eyes on him these days or he'll end up stuck under the couch. That's one of his favourite hiding spots.

And he's definitely responding to his name. Sometimes I find him scooching away as fast as he can, towards some wires and when I call his name, he stops, looks at me with his big toothless grin and keeps on going. Ooooh he's going to be a stubborn one!


* * * * * * * * * *

Starting Monday, Andrew's going to be in super study mode which means posting frequency may fluctuate until Andrew's done exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...