Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Recipes

I love baking and cooking for people but I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to making food and I refuse to serve anything I haven't tried beforehand. That means you'll probably never get to taste anything I've made on my first attempt at it, and if you do, it's because I've probably had a sample of it and decided it's fit for human (aka anyone other than Andrew because he'll eat anything I make and say it's good out of love) consumption.

Occasionally, people will ask me for recipes, or I'll find myself cooking in someone else's kitchen. When that happens, I often think about how convenient it would be if all my recipes were available for me to access online. I've tried saving my recipes on Google Docs and Evernote, but those aren't quite convenient enough for me and I'm too cheap to buy an app that would work better.

Now that I'm on the other side of the world from my recipe box, making it rather impossible to pick a recipe and stick it to my fridge, this is probably a good time to start keeping them on my blog. That way I'll know exactly where it is and I can have it open on my iPhone while I'm in the kitchen.

I'll be posting some of the recipes that I've collected over the years and new ones our family enjoys. I'm a creature of habit, and a picky one at that, so it's not going to be a massive compilation but it'll be a delicious one because, who would keep a recipe they don't completely love? Not me.

I'm adding a recipe section to my blog so keep checking back for new recipes as they're posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...