Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Freedom! Fresh Air!

We've only been stuck indoors for a few days but after an entire summer of outings and fresh air, the past three days have been agonizing.

The rain finally let up today and before dinner, Caleb wanted me to blow bubbles for him so we stepped outside and this is what happened:


FREEDOM!

Tomorrow was supposed to be the first day back to school for Nathan but because the roads around his school have been blocked by fallen trees and the area is out of power, they've been given the day off.

Hopefully we'll be able to find a way to spend some time out of the house.


Last night I lay in bed as the wind and rain relentlessly slammed onto our roof for hours. I had just watched The Impossible and the news just hours before so the reality of those people experiencing devastation caused by these natural disasters was fresh in my mind. I couldn't help but wonder what I would do if I was put in that situation, if I suddenly lost everything and had to fight for my life (and my boys' lives). My mind was on high alert and there was no way I could fall asleep - I kept listening for my boys in case they were woken by the storm. Finally as the storm settled, the sunlight from behind the clouds shone into our room and I relaxed enough to sleep. I am so very thankful that our home hasn't been flooded, our roads are clear, we have power and are able to help our friends in need. We are the fortunate ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...