Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Liquid Time Out


I'm having one of those days.

I went to the mall after school drop-off to cross a few things off my mile-long to-do list and everything went wrong. Actually, things have been going wrong since our house got egged at midnight last night, but I digress. By the time I finished my shopping, I was ready to toss in the towel and call it a day. Unfortunately, when you're a mom, that's not an option.

As I packed the groceries into my car, I smelled the watermelon and mint plant I had just bought and it hit me. I need a drink. I briefly wondered about it being 5 o'clock somewhere but that was quickly met with an, "ah forget it, I need a drink."

Once the groceries were put away and Caleb was put on the potty, I grabbed a glass and went to town adding a small slice of watermelon cut into cubes, a squeeze of lime juice plus a thin slice in for good measure and colour, and a splash of vodka if you're so inclined (I was). Top with ginger beer (since the only other fizzy drink in my house right now is creaming soda...) and garnish with freshly picked mint leaves. Mix/muddle (or not) and enjoy.

Refreshing and colourful. That's my kind of drink.

Cheers.


ETA: I just re-read this and realized I put "potty" in the same sentence as the ingredients of my drink. I apologize to the members of my audience who may be turned off by this. Just keepin' it real.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...