Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I'm not much of a sleep-in and have breakfast in bed person, especially when I'm at home, so when I woke up at 7 and all the boys were still sleeping, I hopped out of bed and straight into the shower. That's my idea of the perfect way to start off my day; a peaceful, un-rushed hot shower.


The boys started to wake up a little after I stepped out of the shower. When Nathan got up, he ran straight for his playroom. About 10 minutes later, he emerged with this handmade card for me. I absolutely don't mind that he waited until literally the very last minute to make it. I like knowing he can write thoughtful notes on the fly.


We drove down to Mt. Tamborine for a lovely afternoon. Our first stop was the Tamborine Mountain Country Markets. It's been a really long time since we've strolled through any markets. It was a little chilly up on the mountain, and soggy from the rain but the air was nice and fresh.


Excuse the pair in the background. This would've been a nice photo, just bad timing!


Next stop was this open area on the side of the road with an awesome view. I can't even begin to explain how breath-taking it is there. You just have to see it for yourself.


I love this shot of the boys.


Not even a minute after Andrew snapped this photo of us, it started to rain and the entire view was hidden behind a veil of mist. We were so lucky.


We were also lucky enough to get into the Bavarian Grill Haus again without a reservation, and the wait wasn't too long either! Andrew's been wanting to go back for ages. Look at Caleb, all ready to dig in!


The weather cleared up as we were eating, so we made our way to our next and final stop: O'Reilly's.


The road Apple Maps told us to take was blocked with a "Road Closed" sign. There had been a landslip there so we took a detour.


The views on the way were spectacular. That's the coast in the distance, all dotted with high-rises. Eventually, we arrived at the winery. They have a dessert wine that I had tried a couple years back and I've been meaning to get us a bottle. It's been a long wait, but Andrew made it happen (times three).


We took a stroll along the vineyards and by the water before piling back into the car for the ride home.


It was a happy Mother's Day indeed.

3 comments:

  1. IT looks so idyllic, Bernice, how memorable and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great day :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful pictures and such a special day, and dont you hate it when people end up in the shot LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...