Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

At The Rocks In Sydney

I'm continuing with posts about our trip to Sydney a couple weeks back. I said I would do a better job documenting it this time around so here I am, chugging along.

Our last day in Sydney was sunny and warm.

We started off with a quick trip to Paddy's Market. From my first trip, I learned that every other stall carries the same things for similar prices. There's very little variety and it's hard to tell whether most of the products are genuinely Australian. A few souvenirs were purchased, including one punching kangaroo pen that the boys squabbled over relentlessly, then it was time for lunch.


It's been a very long time since we've had this much good Chinese food in such a short span of time.

After lunch, we took a stroll through The Rocks to stretch our legs one last time before driving up to the Blue Mountains.


First, we walked along the water. Caleb found a zig-zag pattern of white bricks on the ground and insisted we walk on the "stairs" as he called them.


I think this is my favourite area of Sydney - it reminds me so much of the Distillery District in Toronto. I love the old architecture and brick walkways.


That night we made it to the Blue Mountains in time to watch the final State of Origin game - something we wouldn't be able to do at home due to our lack of a television.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...