Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Project Life 2013: Week 27 - 29

Project Life: Week 27

Week of: June 30 - July 6


What happened this week: It was the first week of this school holiday and Nathan put on a private piano concert for Andrew and Caleb. We also spent a lot of time hanging out with our friends and discovering new places.


Nathan's piano concert was definitely something I wanted to document. Although I haven't quite figured out how to embed sound/video into Project Life, I was lucky enough to gather all the little pieces of paper Nathan worked so hard to create for this event. He designed an invitation for Andrew, complete with an envelope, invitation and song list, and the boys let me have it for Project Life.


The remainder of the week was spent out and about. It was so relaxing to just enjoy the moment. To carry on with that, instead of including a lot of journaling, I thought I'd let the photos from each even speak.


Project Life: Week 28

Week of: July 7 - July 13


What happened this week: This was week 2 of Nathan's school holidays and my family arrived in town!


This week's spread was kept pretty simple again. Journaling was kept to the essentials and I used a lot of little embellishments here and there to add a bit of interest but other than that, it was mostly photos.


My family arrived in Brisbane and right away, we packed up our stuff and headed down south to Sydney for a week-long road trip. The centre column documents the pre-trip packing game and the first leg of the trip.


Project Life: Week 29

Week of: July 14 - July 20


What happened this week: The seven of us piled into a Santa Fe and drove 1000 km down to Sydney. This spread documents a bit of what we did during the week.


For me, one of the most difficult parts of documenting a trip is finding space for all the ephemera I collect, along with the increased number of photos we take. This could easily be fixed by adding an insert or creating a separate mini album for the trip but I know that once I start getting those ideas in my head, Project Life suffers. That's how I got stuck last year. So this time around, I added one or two little bits of ephemera and went on my way documenting as if it was a regular week.


It was hard to choose from the thousands of photos we took, but I restricted myself to the same two-page spread and somehow it all fit. Little bits of journaling were added to certain photos on labels and I used a bunch of wood veneers to embellish.

It's a lot easier to get through weeks with lots of stories if you keep things simple and don't over think things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...