Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Limeade

I used to squeeze a bit of lime juice into my Coke for a refreshing twist but since I'm drinking less Coke now, I have a lot of limes sitting around.

We made lemonade a little while back so I thought I'd give limeade a try.  It's perfect on a hot day and we've had some of those recently, even as we move into the cooler autumn months.

The last time we stopped by the markets, we bought 3 bags of limes with about 12 in each. Needless to say, that will last us for the next little while. However, I find squeezing limes takes a little more effort so I'm in the process of squeezing and freezing the lime juice so the limes won't go bad before I can use it, and so it'll be ready the next time I want a fresh jug of limeade.

LIMEADE (from Kristen Duke Photography)

Ingredients
4 limes
1 cup sugar
8 cups water

Directions
Squeeze the limes.

Make simple syrup (1:1 sugar to water).

Pour lime juice, simple syrup and remaining water into a jug and stir.

Notes
I've been experimenting with different combinations of white sugar and cane sugar.
You can skip the simple syrup step and just mix the sugar in to the juice/water until it dissolves.
This recipe comes down to a simple ratio: for each lime, use 1/4 cup sugar and 2 cups water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...