Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Quiet Time

I woke up to the sound of the boys bickering this morning which put me in a grumpy mood. Unfortunately, this has been happening pretty regularly around here. I had grand plans to take them out to the museum and Gallery of Modern Arts today but after that awful wakeup (and staying up a little too late the night before playing games on my phone), I did not have the energy.

By lunchtime though, it was quite apparent that if we didn't get out of the house, we would all have meltdowns.

So I convinced the boys to go to the mall with me to shop for a gift (and hopefully get some reprieve from the heat) and then we would go to the library.


The mall turned out to be even more hot and stuffy than our house. Fortunately, the individual stores had proper air conditioning so I let the boys look at all the toys they wanted to look at for as long as they wanted to look, until I found my gift. Then we hit the books, sitting and reading in the coolness of the library for a couple hours.


By then, we had cooled down and I had gotten way too hungry from flipping through food magazines so we went home for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...